Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hall and Oates rule the airwaves in 1982

1982 is probably my favorite year of the 80s when it comes to music. I think it's because that was when I got my first radio which was a huge deal for me. That began my love affair with music that would stay with me throughout my life. One of my favorite songs not only of 1982 but the whole decade was "I can't go for that (no can do). This was the second single from Hall and Oates album "Private Eyes". The song went all the way to number 1 on the pop charts and also number 1 on the r&b charts which is a rare accomplishment for a white artist. The song has gone on to be sampled by many hip hop artists and remains my favorite Hall and Oates song (though I have quite a few favorites of theirs!). Here is the magnificent Hall and Oates which their 1982 blockbuster smash!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccenFp_3kq8

No comments:

Post a Comment